Articles by: email@example.com
Should you come forward?
Mistakes happen! Luckily, you've got methods for mitigating the company's liabilities. We'll explore the myriad of disclosure types available and help interpret which one is likely best for your scenario. Understanding your options is imperative in these situations and we'll provide tools and insights helping you develop that much-needed confidence.
- Example scenarios that warrant filing a disclosure
- Resources required to properly file
- Mitigating circumstances
- Penalties for failure to file
Expert guidance, tips, and access to decision making resources.
Incoterms® were developed by the ICC in 1921 and have since proven to be an indispensable tool for conducting international transactions. We focus on the high-level overview, dive into the intricacies, and make it easy to understand the responsibilities of each party in an international transaction.
- Accurately applying Incoterms® in your international transactions
- Advantages of understanding and applying proper terms
- Calculating the Incoterms® rule impact on your Total Landed Cost
Reinforcing risk areas and developing the right resources
Maintaining an effective internal compliance program (ICP) is of paramount importance to ensure your organization avoids costly and time-consuming inaccuracies. We are here to show you the components to building an outstanding internal compliance program and instill you with the skills to avoid the common errors that can cost you valuable time and result in penalties.
- Develop a firm understanding of internal compliance and what it should mean to you
- Explore essential elements that promote an impactful ICP
- Program KPIs and stress tests
Your glimpse into the largest single trade window.
The Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) is the system through which the trade community reports imports and exports and the government determines admissibility. A full understanding of ACE and its capabilities is a requirement for any organization importing or exporting goods. Join our expert and uncover important functions within the software including: applications, reports, and how to interpret the data available to you on ACE.
- Why you need ACE and the benefits you'll see
- How to use ACE and what to use it for
- How to maximize the value of the software and information within
Why, How, and How Much
CTPAT is the new normal and an industry standard. Changes to the minimum-security criteria (MSC) in 2020, remote validations, and recent developments are requiring new and existing CTPAT program members to dedicate increased attention and resources to maintaining program membership. Join us as we interpret the information and explore the steps you can take towards certification and successful implementation.
- Explore the positive impacts CTPAT can have on your organization both internally & externally
- Understand the CTPAT Process and how to become a member
- Investigate time investments, 3rd party costs, and available resources
Exam to License to Practice
Becoming a Licensed Customs Broker (LCB) will expand your skills and confidence in your career, and we want to help you begin your journey! Let us show you the benefits of getting your Customs Broker license and give you a comprehensive guide to getting your license. Star has a reputation for successfully preparing our students for the exam and would be thrilled to have you in our next exam prep course!
- Understand the benefits and why becoming an LCB is lucrative
- Gain insights into the requirements and costs for becoming an LCB
- Access to powerful resources and expert advice to prepare for the exam
Opportunities, Requirements & Insights
The new duty-drawback law is the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 (TFTEA), which was enacted on February 24, 2016. These updates to the law provide opportunities in several areas of the U.S. economy and should be carefully reviewed by importers, exporters, & manufacturers. We'll dive in and provide a concise breakdown on determining the eligibility of your goods and maximizing the benefits of drawback.
- Understanding drawback and how it applies to manufacturing
- Determining if your business is eligible for drawback benefits
- Applying for drawback and capturing savings
Why they matter and how to calculate them.
There's more to transportation costs than the shipping price - taxes, customs, insurance and other fees play an integral role. These costs can have a major effect on your pricing strategies. We'll jump in and explore the key variables and how they change, providing you with tools & techniques along the way so that you'll be equipped to identify and calculate the true spend on your international shipments.
Legally exporting your goods and services
- Understanding and using ECCNs
- Defining & applying the term 'Dual Use'
- Determining if you need a license
- Applying for an export license