Customs Broker Exam Prep Course
Just when we think we have it all under control, the rules change.
Knowledge is Power
1% of a typical workweek is all that employees have to focus on training and development which is around 24 minutes per week.*
of workers say they have opportunities for learning and growth at their workplace.
of employees say they need access to online training and development for their jobs.
of learners say their confidence is significantly increased after online training.
The national pass rate for the exam is less than 30% but Star USA’s Customs Broker Exam Prep Course rigorously prepares you for this difficult test. More than 80% of students who successfully complete the Star USA Exam Prep Course go on to receive their Customs Broker license.
Don't miss out!
Classes start February 3rd, 2022
Broker Course Highlights
- Course administered by industry expert licensed Customs Brokers
- Organized course schedule with a successful and time-tested format
- Comprehensive practice test, structured like the official CBP exam
- Unlimited access to online versions of previous Customs Broker Exams
- Thorough study guide to help you through the course
- Masterfully designed quick reference guide to use on exam day
- On-demand webinars
- Expert materials help you swiftly learn & understand tariff and customs regulations
- Over 1500 pages of detailed course material
- 4000+ previous exam questions compiled into an easy-to-use format
- Personalized support and messaging at your convenience
- Track record that shows 23+ years of proven success
- Right to make entry
- Power of Attorney
- Types of entries
- Entry/Entries Summary Procedures and requirements
- Customs Bonds
- Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) requirements
- Recordkeeping requirements
- NAFTA & Other Free Trade Agreements
- Tariff treatment of containers & holders
- Commercial invoice requirements
- Drawback & liquidations of Drawback entries
- Items exported and returned
- Country of Origin marking requirements
- NAFTA Country of Origin marking
- Antidumping Duties, Countervailing Duties
- Inspection, search and seizure
- Fines, penalties & forfeitures
- Structure of the Harmonized Tariff
- Schedules of the U.S. (HTSUS)
- HTSUS Section and Chapter (Legal)
- Notes and Additional U.S. (Legal) Notes
- HTSUS Classification
- Rules of Origin
- CTPAT & Trusted Trader Programs
- Importer Security Filing (ISF)
- Examination and testing of merchandise
- Prior Disclosure
- Non-Dutiable charges
- General Rules of Interpretation
- INCOTERMS® 2020
Required Course Materials
Harmonized Tariff of the United States (HTSUS)
The essential government-issued import tariff manual for use in classifying imported merchandise for rates of duty, quota, restrictions, and special programs.
Title 19, Code of Federal Regulations
19 CFR is one of 50 titles comprising the United States Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), containing the principal set of rules and regulations issued by federal agencies regarding customs duties.
Instructions for preparation of CBP form 7501
Useful resource containing instructions for how to correctly fill out the 7501 Entry Summary Form
Right to Make Entry Directive 3530-002A
Under U.S. law, the right to make entry for goods is held only by the importer of record.
Business Rules & Process Document (Trade-External) ACE Entry Summary
This document outlines entry summary processing in the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
Other materials to consider having on-hand
19 CFR & HTSUS section and chapter labels
Tabs, inserts & labels for organizing exam room binder
HTSUS reference guide
HTSUS section & chapter summaries
INCOTERMS® responsibility guide
General Notes summary
Catalog stand and rings
Transaction value chart
Six Reasons This Course Is Right For You
Regimented course schedule with assigned reading and structured homework
Emphasis on efficient use of course material to quickly find the regulations you need
Expert insight and analysis of customs regulations and tariff schedules
Comprehensive and easy to understand presentations by industry experts
Tips, tricks, and techniques to find the answers you need quickly
We guarantee* your success
*How do we guarantee success? Successfully complete and pass our course and we'll ensure your continued access at no cost until you pass the Broker's exam.